Papaya » Forums » Will Papaya support vector drawing?
Hjortshoej
Mikkel Hjortshøj
64 posts
1 project

Life is insane... Which is why I spend it with beer <3

#6455 Will Papaya support vector drawing?
1 year, 6 months ago

The title says it all. Will papaya have support for vector drawing (with bezier curves or whatever) or will it only support raster based editing?

Give a man a beer, and he is happy... End of story.
ApoorvaJ
Apoorva Joshi
18 posts
1 project

GPU tinkerer

#6503 Will Papaya support vector drawing?
1 year, 6 months ago

Eventually, I want to add full vector support. Based on my (limited) research thus far, I think that splitting raster and vector editors into two completely different packages is a commercial decision, not a technical one.

However, vector support will take a lot of time, since I have a full-time job, and work on Papaya in my (sparse) spare time. I plan to work on raster features like layers and masking before I get to the vector features.

(Shameless plug: You can help speed up development by contributing to Papaya. There's a fairly detailed contributions wiki and a "help wanted" issues section. You can reach out to me personally too, if you need any help getting started.)

None
Hjortshoej
Mikkel Hjortshøj
64 posts
1 project

Life is insane... Which is why I spend it with beer <3

#6506 Will Papaya support vector drawing?
1 year, 6 months ago

Thank you for answering! And yes I did assume vector would be ways down the road, but just wanted to make sure if you we're going to do it! And as for helping, I'm sry but my skills are no where near enough to help xD

Give a man a beer, and he is happy... End of story.